Longest Running Triple H Fansite
Since 2006

October 5, 2015

Daniel Bryan Says WWE Is Sending Him To A Third Doctor, Comments On Returning To The Indies

Daniel Bryan recently spoke with IGN to promote the upcoming WWE 2K16 video game. The full interview is at this link. Below are a few highlights:

His status:

"So, we don't know. I had a concussion in April, and obviously they're very hyper-sensitive about concussion stuff right now. One neurologist who specializes in concussions - who was the neurologist for the Super Bowl last year - cleared me with no limitations. All my testing came back excellent. But the WWE's medical doctor is skeptical, because of my history of concussions and that sort of thing. So they will not clear me. So now, we have two doctors: one saying no, one saying yes. They're going to send me to a third doctor at some point in the near future and that doctor will decide my fate."

"The WWE doctor Joe Maroon [is] amazing and highly respected in the concussion field, and if they send me to a third neurologist who's also highly respected in the concussion field and they say literally no...well, then is it really smart to go against two doctors? I get all fired up...and then I'm like, maybe that's not the best thing for me and my family going forward."

If he would work indies if WWE doesn't clear him:

"John Cena and I actually had this discussion. He said, 'if something were to happen to you and the WWE, would you go back to doing the indies?' Absolutely!"

Bryan said he's got a fascination with lucha and the idea of doing a mask vs. hair match is appealing to him as is main eventing a CMLL anniversary show.

 photo i_zps0ebed5ab.jpg
Oderint Dum Metuant: Let Them Hate As Long As They Fear